Everything you need to know about project management
What is project management?
This is the method of creating the plan, project objectives, breakthroughs, and deliverables of a project. It also includes managing team members, timelines, and budgets to ensure delivery.
It includes many vital processes, including:
- Assessing project feasibility. You can use the project management triangle to help with this.
- Creating a challenging administration plan
- Identifying key project deliverables
- Breaking the challenge deliverables down into manageable tasks and allocating them to teams
- Keeping the assignment going
The 5 steps of project management
- Initiating: As with any challenge (or plan), preparation is important. The initiation phase is where the project scope is decided, and the challenge foundation is created. For large projects, a task constitution or “Project Initiation Documentation” (PID) is established. The initiating system includes an overview of the project. Project phases and budgets are also decided during this stage.
- Planning: It’s necessary to set key milestone dates as well as a completion date. Be very clear and deliberate with assignment deadlines. Dates can change based on unexpected circumstances but putting an initial deadline in place ensures all participants are aiming for the same goal. The planning segment also consists of selecting the individuals for the team, outlining deliverables, estimating resources, identifying related activities, and managing the scope.
- Executing: This is about getting it done.
- Monitoring/Controlling: A regular, consistent, systematic “check-in” is necessary to make sure that the project is a success. A key factor is having the appropriate documentation and tracking. This can be done by using Kanban boards, Gantt charts and group stand-ups.
- Closing: The last step, or “project delivery.” If a contract was in place, this is when the contract ends as well. If viable this stage includes a full overview of what went well, what didn’t go as planned. It also looks at how future teams and projects should research from this one.
Sign up to monday.com South Africa – Activation or Trial Link and track time with monday.com South Africa.
Interested in uncovering CRM with monday.com then hit the link below and start your monday.com journey, partnering with Syscor all the way.
Book a call for monday.com Pro Services in South Africa and Africa
Once you have an active account Syscor can assist with a full consulting and professional services stack, including:
- Process design
- Workflow design
- Workspace builds
- Board builds
- App integration
Syscor is a sales, installation, and support partner to monday.com, having completed many successful projects on monday.com. Thus making us very experienced. Syscor has clients that range from Tanzanian Banks to small manufacturing businesses in South Africa, for instance. Our reach is completely continental.
Syscor’s Consulting team are all qualified to deliver a full installation and support offering, meaning we offer turn-key services. We will gladly share any referrals, in order to give you peace of mind. So you can embark on your monday.com journey, with confidence.
For more information check out our social pages