Boosting RPA performance with IA
What is intelligent automation?
Intelligent automation (IA) is the combination of AI and automation technologies. This includes cognitive automation, machine learning, business process automation (BPA) and RPA. These tools equip teams with key insights that help in automating quicker responses. IA is beneficial in improving the customer experience.
Ways IA combines AI and RPA
AI makes use of data gathered from various sources and uses it to improve their interactions. RPA provides automation approaches based on structured data. Many of these processes required manual intervention before. On their own, each presents value. But the combination of the two gives fantastic value. They can create solutions that use a technological information base to streamline processes. The solutions are quick and accurate, improving the following four efficiencies:
- Increase productivity: Automated purposes and strategies run faster. Automation of purposes and processes is a great start. You can also automate decision-making, forecasting and predictions from more than one source. Real-time solutions that improve productivity and accuracy in planning cycles.
- Reduce costs: Deloitte estimates that businesses can expect an average cost saving of 22%.
- Improve accuracy: Using many data sources and automating repetitive strategies ensures better decision-making. It requires less human intervention for improved results.
- Enrich client experience: This technology equips businesses to understand and address customer needs. Customers are more likely to support the business and become repeat customers.
IA adoption challenges
Adopting IA is not without challenges. But, you can remedy those challenges. Some of the challenges include:
- Remedy skillset and information gaps by training your staff on using the technology. It also promotes on-the-job learning.
- Upgrade infrastructure to better accommodate changing needs in the age of digital.
- Everyone faces a lack of focus on standardization when implementing IA. No uniform method to automation exists, so the process will differ on a case-to-case basis.
Discover automation in South Africa by contacting us today.